Bowen Therapy is a gentle method that supports the rebalancing of the body and the relaxation and stimulation of self regulatory mechanisms.
This method includes a number of specific and precise movements that are executed by muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Gentle moves are employed in areas where two muscles or groups of muscles overlap. An important aspect of the treatment are the breaks (2 min.) between these groups of moves. These pauses allow the body to absorb the information and process it in a meaningful way.
This form of therapy guides self regulatory mechanisms through the achievement of swift and deep relaxation of the affected structures and leads to a dissolution of energetic blockages. A sustained strengthening of the immune system is achieved while a balancing effect of the intervention on psychological and emotional processes takes place.
Possible application of Bowen Therapy
- Headaches, migraines, dizziness, inflammation of nerves, pain of the jaw joint, grinding of teeth, tinnitus
- Common cold, sinusitis, problems concerning the eyes, ears, or throat
- Stiff or tense muscles of the neck, wry neck, whiplash injury or neck strain
- Shoulder pain with restriction of mobility
- Karpaltunnelsyndrome, tennis elbow, disturbances of sensibility such as numbness of the fingers, weakness, tingling sensations in hands or feet
- Pain in the upper or lower back, tension of muscles, lumbago, sciatica, discopathy
- Pelvic obliquity, hip problems, leg length inequality
- Knee problems, Baker’s cyst, general foot problems including the ankle, Hallux vagus, hammer toe, arthrosis
- Rheumatic symptoms
- Problems concerning the lymphatic flow or blood circulation
- Physical problems such as asthma, indigestion, menstrual problems, bladder and kidney problems
- In order to speed up the healing process after injuries and surgeries
- As a general preventative measure in preserving good health, also administered to babies and toddlers, children and adolescents with postural defects
- Sleep disorders and depressed moods